What does a Property Management do?
Short answer: A good Property Management Consultant can save your butt.
I’ve been in the investment property industry for over 25 years and counting. You can read my entire story on how I got to where I am today here.
Here is a list of the many things a good property management consultant can do for mom-and-pop landlords, landlords with huge portfolio and small or large property management firms.
- Get a second opinion when you’re on the fence about any tenant situation.
- Help you understand the ins and outs of your rental agreement.
- Help with risk management.
- Help you understand the law in plain English.
- Help you understand how changes in legislation can affect your business.
- Keep you updated with constant changes in legislation.
- Help you pick which notice to use.
- Dispositions of security deposits in detail.
- Always on call to help you out of a sticky situation
- Assist you with your own policies and procedures.
- Help you market your vacant unit.
- Help you make sure you’re not using verbiage that will get you in trouble.
- Connect you with trusted vendors.
- Translate legal verbiage into simple English between you and your attorney.
- Help you prepare for court.
- Help you avoid Fair Housing violations.
- Understand your local moratoriums and restrictions.
- Help you present small claims cases.
- Help you find better ways to communicate with your tenants.
- Provide training sessions for your office and maintenance personnel.
- Help limit your risks and exposure.
- Give you solid answers and direction in times of crisis.
Landlords and property managers already have a lot on their plate. What if for a small monthly fee, you can gain over 25 years experience in the rental property industry? That’s where I come in when you become a member.
I own a few rental properties myself. I’ll take care of your property as if it were my own.